Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈstɑːpɪŋ'] fastener consisting of a narrow strip of welded metal used to join steel members.
Rhymes with Stopping
Sentences with stopping
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Emails are like people stopping by your office and interrupting you.
Quotes about stopping
1. Of any stopping place in life, it is good to ask whether it will be a good place from which to go on as well as a good place to remain.
- Mary Catherine Bateson
2. Books have a unique way of stopping time in a particular moment and saying: Let’s not forget this.
- Dave Eggers
3. If you can't feel, why did you kiss me?"Patch traced a finger along my collarbone, then headed south stopping at my heart. I felt it pounding through my skin. "Because I feel it here, in my heart,"he said quietly.
- Becca Fitzpatrick, Hush, Hush
noun. ['ˈstɑːpɪŋ'] the kind of playing that involves pressing the fingers on the strings of a stringed instrument to control the pitch.