adjective. ['ˈsɔt'] being searched for.
Words that Rhyme with Sought
How do you pronounce sought?
Pronounce sought as sɔt.
US - How to pronounce sought in American English
UK - How to pronounce sought in British English
How do you spell sought? Is it seeked ?
A common misspelling of sought is seeked
Example sentences of the word sought
1. Verb, past participle
It is a skill that people have sought for centuries.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Requirements to be a paraprofessional in Ohio vary depending upon the certificate sought and where the paraprofessional works.
The next most sought after dogs are beagles and bulldogs, both mid-size.
Quotes containing the word sought
1. The talent of success is nothing more than doing what you can do well, and doing well whatever you do without thought of fame. If it comes at all it will come because it is deserved, not because it is sought after.
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
2. A tragic irony of life is that we so often achieve success or financial independence after the chief reason for which we sought it has passed away.
- Ellen Glasgow
3. It is a curious thing, Harry, but perhaps those who are best suited to power are those who have never sought it. Those who, like you, have leadership thrust upon them, and take up the mantle because they must, and find to their own surprise that they wear it well.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
adjective. being searched for.