adjective. ['ənˈwɛlkəm'] not welcome; not giving pleasure or received with pleasure.
Words that Rhyme with Unwelcome
Example sentences of the word unwelcome
Moldy bread is most certainly an unwelcome sight first thing in the morning.
Quotes containing the word unwelcome
1. Love entered in my heart one dayA sad, unwelcome guest.But when it begged that it might stayI let it stay and restIt broke my nights with sorrowingIt filled my heart with fearsAnd, when my soul was prone to sing,It filled my eyes with tears.But...now that it has gone its way,I miss the dear ole pain.And, sometimes, in the night I prayThat Love might come again.
- J. California Cooper
2. I’m going to carry you now,” he told her, “so we can move even faster. I’m not asking you, I’m telling you. Any response from you is unnecessary and unwelcome.
- Suzanne Brockmann, Out of Control
3. Hardest of all, as one becomes older, is to accept that sapient remarks can be drawn from the most unwelcome or seemingly improbable sources, and that the apparently more trustworthy sources can lead one astray.
- Christopher Hitchens, Hitch-22: A Memoir
adjective. ['ənˈwɛlkəm'] not welcome.