Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈʃɝːt'] a garment worn on the upper half of the body.
- scyrte (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
Rhymes with Shirt
How do you pronounce shirt?
Pronounce shirt as ʃərt.
US - How to pronounce shirt in American English
UK - How to pronounce shirt in British English
Quotes about shirt
1. Is this the part where you start tearing off strips of your shirt to bind my wounds?""If you wanted me to rip my clothes off, you should have just asked.
- Cassandra Clare, City of Bones
2. If commercialization is putting my art on a shirt so that a kid who can't afford a $30,000 painting can buy one, then I'm all for it.
- Keith Haring
3. I don't trust people who don't love themselves and tell me, 'I love you.' ... There is an African saying which is: Be careful when a naked person offers you a shirt.
- Maya Angelou
noun. a close-fitting pullover shirt.
adjective. self-sacrificing or austere.