Table of Contents
verb. ['ˈʃɑːrpən'] make sharp or sharper.
Rhymes with Sharpen
Sentences with sharpen
1. Verb, base form
The best way to sharpen a pair of thinning shears is by using a scissor sharpening device.
Quotes about sharpen
1. Time to leave now, get out of this room, go somewhere, anywhere; sharpen this feeling of happiness and freedom, stretch your limbs, fill your eyes, be awake, wider awake, vividly awake in every sense and every pore.
- Stefan Zweig, The Post-Office Girl
2. I think you're still the only person sharp enough to sharpen someone like me.
- Veronica Roth, Allegiant
3. I'm not frightened. I'm not frightened of anything. The more I suffer, the more I love. Danger will only increase my love. It will sharpen it, forgive its vice. I will be the only angel you need. You will leave life even more beautiful than you entered it. Heaven will take you back and look at you and say: Only one thing can make a soul complete and that thing is love.
- Bernhard Schlink, The Reader
verb. ['ˈʃɑːrpən'] put (an image) into focus; we cannot enjoy the movie".
verb. ['ˈʃɑːrpən'] become sharp or sharper.
verb. ['ˈʃɑːrpən'] make crisp or more crisp and precise.
verb. ['ˈʃɑːrpən'] give a point to.
verb. ['ˈʃɑːrpən'] raise the pitch of (musical notes).
verb. ['ˈʃɑːrpən'] make (one's senses) more acute.