Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˈsɛpɝˌeɪtəd, ˈsɛpɝˌeɪtɪd'] being or feeling set or kept apart from others.
Rhymes with Separated
How do you pronounce separated?
Pronounce separated as ˈsɛpərˌeɪtɪd.
US - How to pronounce separated in American English
UK - How to pronounce separated in British English
Sentences with separated
1. Verb, past participle
Rope up or link hands with other members of your party so you don't get separated.
Quotes about separated
1. Nothing is as dangerous in architecture as dealing with separated problems. If we split life into separated problems we split the possibilities to make good building art.
- Alvar Aalto
2. He looked back at her, and when she saw the look on his face, she saw his eyes at Renwick’s, when he had watched the Portal that separated him from his home shatter into a thousand irretrievable pieces. He held her gaze for a split second, then looked away from her, the muscles in his throat working.
- Cassandra Clare, City of Ashes
3. Everyone would like to have stronger faith. By themselves, the scriptures may not strengthen your faith, but being faithful to what they teach, does. In other words, faith cannot be separated from faithfulness.
- John Bytheway, When Times Are Tough: 5 Scriptures That Will Help You Get Through Almost Anything
adjective. ['ˈsɛpɝˌeɪtəd, ˈsɛpɝˌeɪtɪd'] spaced apart.
adjective. ['ˈsɛpɝˌeɪtəd, ˈsɛpɝˌeɪtɪd'] separated at the joint.
adjective. ['ˈsɛpɝˌeɪtəd, ˈsɛpɝˌeɪtɪd'] no longer connected or joined.