Table of Contents
noun. ['riːˈvɛndʒ'] action taken in return for an injury or offense.
- getting even
- paying back
- stay in place
Rhymes with Revenge
How do you pronounce revenge?
Pronounce revenge as riˈvɛnʤ.
US - How to pronounce revenge in American English
UK - How to pronounce revenge in British English
Sentences with revenge
1. Noun, singular or mass
Make sure your motives are pure and that you are not trying to seek revenge or hurt him.
2. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
As a key plot element, revenge drives much of the action present in the story.
Quotes about revenge
1. Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
2. I don't want tea,"said Clary, with muffled force. "I want to find my mother. And then I want to find out who took her in the first place, and I want to kill them.""Unfortunately,"said Hodge, "we're all out of bitter revenge at the moment, so it's either tea or nothing.
- Cassandra Clare, City of Bones
3. Survival was my only hope, success my only revenge.
- Patricia Cornwell
verb. ['riːˈvɛndʒ'] take revenge for a perceived wrong.
- get back