Table of Contents
noun. ['ˌrɛtrəˈbjuːʃən'] the act of correcting for your wrongdoing.
Rhymes with Retribution
Sentences with retribution
1. Noun, singular or mass
Integrity allows employees to not fear retribution for their honest opinions and ideas.
Quotes about retribution
1. I mean that we here are on the wrong side of the tapestry,' answered Father Brown. 'The things that happen here do not seem to mean anything; they mean something somewhere else. Somewhere else retribution will come on the real offender. Here it often seems to fall on the wrong person.
- G.K. Chesterton, The Innocence of Father Brown
2. I see now that my faith was becoming an ally rather than an enemy because I could vent anger freely, even toward God, without fearing retribution.
- Gerald L. Sittser, A Grace Disguised: How the Soul Grows through Loss
3. A traitor commits his crime but once. The rest/is retribution.
- Marie Howe, The Good Thief