Table of Contents
noun. ['rɪˈmeɪnz, riːˈmeɪnz'] any object that is left unused or still extant.
Rhymes with Remains
How do you pronounce remains?
Pronounce remains as rɪˈmeɪnz.
US - How to pronounce remains in American English
UK - How to pronounce remains in British English
Sentences with remains
1. Verb, 3rd person singular present
If the light remains dark, remove the card and reinsert it to get a better connection.
2. Noun, plural
Diatomaceous earth is made up of the sharp, fossilized remains of diatoms.
Quotes about remains
1. Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?'Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."..."At least,"she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland.""Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting.
- Cassandra Clare, City of Bones
2. Fortunately analysis is not the only way to resolve inner conflicts. Life itself still remains a very effective therapist.
- Karen Horney
3. Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.