Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈkɔrps'] the dead body of a human being.
- corpus (Latin)
Rhymes with Corpse
How do you pronounce corpse?
Pronounce corpse as kɔrps.
US - How to pronounce corpse in American English
UK - How to pronounce corpse in British English
Sentences with corpse
1. Noun, singular or mass
Exquisite corpse is a game invented by the surrealists, and is perfect for creative groups at cocktail parties.
Quotes about corpse
1. Without tradition, art is a flock of sheep without a shepherd. Without innovation, it is a corpse.
- Winston Churchill
2. He had a new girl, and I told him she looked like Marilyn Monroe. He smiled because he thought I meant she was beautiful, and I smiled because I meant she looked like a corpse.
- Jarod Kintz, The Titanic would never have sunk if it were made out of a sink.
3. You are a little soul carrying about a corpse, as Epictetus used to say.
- Marcus Aurelius, Meditations