adjective. ['ˈpaʊɝləs'] lacking power.
- -less (English)
- -leas (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- power (English)
- poer (Middle English (1100-1500))
Rhymes with Powerless
Sentences with powerless
Children can feel powerless over the direction of their family.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Similarly, a senior citizen may feel powerless if her younger relatives refuse to let her help prepare dinner.
Quotes about powerless
1. There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
- Elie Wiesel
2. Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them.
- Nathaniel Hawthorne
3. when we are powerless to do a thing, it is a great joy that we can come and step inside the ability of Jesus
- Corrie ten Boom