adjective. ['ˈɪmpətənt'] lacking power or ability; morality without technology is impotent"- Freeman J.Dyson.
- impotens (Latin)
Words that Rhyme with Impotent
Example sentences of the word impotent
A separate Institute study testing their oat straw product on impotent men found a partial response to treatment.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Sufferers can have frequent yeast infections and become impotent.
Quotes containing the word impotent
1. People are not lazy, they simply have impotent goals..that is..goals that do not inspire them.
- Anthony Robbins
2. Riding a bicycle makes you impotent. That’s why I carry a bicycle seat in my pocket—because it’s better than wearing a condom.
- Jarod Kintz, The Merits of Marthaism, and How Being Named Susan Can Benefit You
3. Were we incapable of empathy – of putting ourselves in the position of others and seeing that their suffering is like our own – then ethical reasoning would lead nowhere. If emotion without reason is blind, then reason without emotion is impotent.
- Peter Singer, Writings on an Ethical Life