Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˈrændəm'] lacking any definite plan or order or purpose; governed by or depending on chance.
- raundon (Middle English (1100-1500))
- randon (Old French (842-ca. 1400))
Rhymes with Random
Sentences with random
It is a random amount that is a surprise for the person who receives it.
2. Noun, singular or mass
The process of how the winner is chosen is designed to be as random and as fair as possible.
Quotes about random
1. It is necessary to fall in love... if only to provide an alibi for all the random despair you are going to feel anyway.
- Albert Camus
2. Your friend's poetry is terrible,"he said.Clary blinked, caught momentarily off guard. "What?""I said his poetry was terrible. It sounds like he ate a dictionary and started vomiting up words at random.
- Cassandra Clare, City of Bones
3. I like guys who have a plan or a dream. A good sense of humor is also a must. I can be weird with my humor and say things that are random. You need to understand that I'm really goofy and go with it.
- Edy Ganem
noun. the most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on; an integrated circuit memory chip allows information to be stored or accessed in any order and all storage locations are equally accessible.
- read/write memory
- RAM disk
- core memory
- buffer store
- magnetic core
- volatile storage
- random access memory
- magnetic core memory
- buffer storage
- random memory
- nonvolatile storage