adjective. ['ˌæksəˈdɛntəl, ˌæksəˈdɛnəl'] happening by chance or unexpectedly or unintentionally.
Words that Rhyme with Accidental
Example sentences of the word accidental
You should also keep the vitamins out of the reach of children to prevent an accidental overdose.
Quotes containing the word accidental
1. I don't mean to be rude—"he began, in a tone that threatened rudeness in every syllable."Yet, sadly, accidental rudeness occurs alarmingly often,"Dumbledore finished the sentence gravely.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
2. Accidental sex. He made it sound like I fell down, and there just happened to be an erection in the way.
- Laurell K. Hamilton, Incubus Dreams
3. It is essential to happiness that our way of living should spring from our own deep impulses and not from the accidental tastes and desires of those who happen to be our neighbors, or even our relations.
- Bertrand Russell
noun. ['ˌæksəˈdɛntəl, ˌæksəˈdɛnəl'] a musical notation that makes a note sharp or flat or natural although that is not part of the key signature.