noun. ['prəˈdʌkʃən, proʊˈdʌkʃən, pɝˈdʌkʃən'] the act or process of producing something.
- human activity
- human action
- steel production
- text edition
- trade edition
Words that Rhyme with Production
How do you pronounce production?
Pronounce production as pərˈdəkʃən.
US - How to pronounce production in American English
UK - How to pronounce production in British English
Example sentences of the word production
1. Noun, singular or mass
Toward the end of production of the official American line, a cobalt blue was used.
Quotes containing the word production
1. Every production of an artist should be the expression of an adventure of his soul.
- W. Somerset Maugham
2. When a child asks you something, answer him, for goodness sake. But don't make a production of it. Children are children, but they can spot an evasion faster than adults, and evasion simply muddles 'em.
- Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird
3. Parla come magni,' It means, 'Speak the way you eat,' or in my personal translation: 'Say it like you eat it.' It's a reminder - when you're making a big deal out of explaining something, when you're searching for the right words - to keep your language as simple and direct as Roman rood. Don't make a big production out of it. Just lay it on the table.
- Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love
noun. ['prəˈdʌkʃən, proʊˈdʌkʃən, pɝˈdʌkʃən'] a presentation for the stage or screen or radio or television.
- coup de theatre
noun. ['prəˈdʌkʃən, proʊˈdʌkʃən, pɝˈdʌkʃən'] an artifact that has been created by someone or some process.
- motion-picture show
- moving-picture show
- end product
- picture show
- motion picture
- piece of work
- moving picture
- be born
noun. ['prəˈdʌkʃən, proʊˈdʌkʃən, pɝˈdʌkʃən'] (law) the act of exhibiting in a court of law.
noun. ['prəˈdʌkʃən, proʊˈdʌkʃən, pɝˈdʌkʃən'] the creation of value or wealth by producing goods and services.
- creative activity
noun. ['prəˈdʌkʃən, proʊˈdʌkʃən, pɝˈdʌkʃən'] (economics) manufacturing or mining or growing something (usually in large quantities) for sale.
- mass production
- oil production
- natural object
noun. ['prəˈdʌkʃən, proʊˈdʌkʃən, pɝˈdʌkʃən'] the quantity of something (as a commodity) that is created (usually within a given period of time).
- indefinite quantity
noun. ['prəˈdʌkʃən, proʊˈdʌkʃən, pɝˈdʌkʃən'] a display that is exaggerated or unduly complicated.