Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈplʌg'] blockage consisting of an object designed to fill a hole tightly.
- bottle cork
Rhymes with Plug
Sentences with plug
1. Verb, base form
It will look much like the jack you would plug a pair of headphones into.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Place a drain pan on the ground under the radiator drain plug of your Trailblazer.
3. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
If these values plug into the formula correctly, then the angle is a 90-degree angle.
Quotes about plug
1. So okay― there you are in your room with the shade down and the door shut and the plug pulled out of the base of the telephone. You've blown up your TV and committed yourself to a thousand words a day, come hell or high water. Now comes the big question: What are you going to write about? And the equally big answer: Anything you damn well want.
- Stephen King, On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
2. She can go with us to the lab and keep Myrnin pinned down while we pull the plug, if he's not... you know, better.""Define BETTER with that guy.""Not all fangs and raaaaar.
- Rachel Caine, Ghost Town
3. I'm a big fan of gallows humor. When my aunt passed away, she was in a coma for a day before my cousins pulled the plug. And the amount of joking and base humor that went on that day around her bed was so insane. It's crazy how people talk when something horrible is happening.
- Amanda Peet
noun. someone who bullies weaker people.
- Teddy boy
- tough guy
verb. ['ˈplʌg'] fill or close tightly with or as if with a plug.
- cork up
- stop up
- fill up
- leave office
- drop out
verb. ['ˈplʌg'] persist in working hard.
- hang in
- hold on
- plug away
- phase out
verb. ['ˈplʌg'] insert as a plug.
- put in
- stick in
noun. ['ˈplʌg'] an old or over-worked horse.
- Equus caballus
- natural object
noun. ['ˈplʌg'] a wad of something chewable as tobacco.
verb. ['ˈplʌg'] insert a plug into.
- put in
- stick in
noun. ['ˈplʌg'] an upright hydrant for drawing water to use in fighting a fire.
- bring to
noun. ['ˈplʌg'] electrical device that fits into the cylinder head of an internal-combustion engine and ignites the gas by means of an electric spark.
- spark plug
- ignition system
- sparking plug