Table of Contents
Persist Past Tense
The past tense of Persist is persisted.
verb. ['pɝˈsɪst'] continue to exist.
Rhymes with Persist
How do you pronounce persist?
Pronounce persist as pərˈsɪst.
US - How to pronounce persist in American English
UK - How to pronounce persist in British English
Sentences with persist
1. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
Talk to your doctor if your sore knee symptoms persist after you finish your period.
2. Verb, base form
The spots may persist for weeks or months after the fungus is successfully eradicated.
3. Noun, singular or mass
If your symptoms persist, it's important to talk with your doctor.
Quotes about persist
1. The longer you hang in there, the greater the chance that something will happen in your favor. No matter how hard it seems, the longer you persist, the more likely your success.
- Jack Canfield
2. For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
- Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
3. Conjugal love, or the friendship of spouses, can persist even after sexual desires have weakened, withered, and disappeared.
- Mortimer Adler
verb. ['pɝˈsɪst'] be persistent, refuse to stop.