verb. ['ənˈplʌg'] pull the plug of (electrical appliances) and render inoperable.
- plug (English)
- un- (English)
- on- (Middle English (1100-1500))
Words that Rhyme with Unplug
Example sentences of the word unplug
1. Verb, base form
You may also need to unplug wires from the fan to fully remove it.
2. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
Wait about two hours before you unplug the controller from the PC.
3. Noun, singular or mass
Turn off the hotplate and unplug it.
4. Preposition or subordinating conjunction
In addition, unplug the appliance from the wall before you attempt to clean it.
Quotes containing the word unplug
1. There is a part of me that still wants to go out and grab a backpack and unplug - not take a cellphone or even a camera and just get out there and experience the world and travel. I have yet to do that, but someday I hope.
- Emilio Estevez
2. Today's Affirmation [10w] "I'll unplug myself from myselfand plug into something higher.
- Beryl Dov