noun. ['ˈpɛtɪŋ'] affectionate play (or foreplay without contact with the genital organs).
Rhymes with Petting
Sentences with petting
1. Noun, singular or mass
Soon your pup will be able to distinguish when petting is acceptable.
2. Verb, gerund or present participle
Affectionate dogs may lick upon meeting you, after petting or when cuddling up together on the couch.
Quotes about petting
1. Here’s what I’d love to see: A vending machine that dispenses cats for petting on your lunch break. Instead of money, the machine accepts hugs.
- Jarod Kintz, Sleepwalking is restercise
2. I can’t define what love is. That’s like eating a pancake with a waffle instead of a fork. But you know it when you feel it, like petting a cat wearing a synthetic fur coat.
- Jarod Kintz, A Story That Talks about Talking Is Like Chatter to Chattering Teeth, and Every Set of Dentures Can Attest to the Fact That No..