noun. ['ˈhʌgɪŋ'] affectionate play (or foreplay without contact with the genital organs).
Words that Rhyme with Hugging
Example sentences of the word hugging
1. Noun, singular or mass
Routine touch in the forms of hugging, hand-holding and cuddling can strengthen your bond and create passion.
Quotes containing the word hugging
1. I like to see people reunited, I like to see people run to each other, I like the kissing and the crying, I like the impatience, the stories that the mouth can't tell fast enough, the ears that aren't big enough, the eyes that can't take in all of the change, I like the hugging, the bringing together, the end of missing someone.
- Jonathan Safran Foer, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
2. We were not a hugging people. In terms of emotional comfort it was our belief that no amount of physical contact could match the healing powers of a well made cocktail.
- David Sedaris, Naked
3. This life is for loving, sharing, learning, smiling, caring, forgiving, laughing, hugging, helping, dancing, wondering, healing, and even more loving. I choose to live life this way. I want to live my life in such a way that when I get out of bed in the morning, the devil says, 'aw shit, he's up!
- Steve Maraboli, Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience
adjective. of plants that grow relatively low to the ground.