noun. ['ˈoʊpiːət'] a narcotic drug that contains opium or an opium derivative.
- tincture of opium
- hard drug
Words that Rhyme with Opiate
Example sentences of the word opiate
The most commonly prescribed drugs to give a dog for pancreatitis are opiate narcotics to control pain.
2. Noun, singular or mass
The amount of opiate exposure is based in part on the child's weight.
Quotes containing the word opiate
1. Karl Marx: "Religion is the opiate of the masses."Carrie Fisher: "I did masses of opiates religiously.
- Carrie Fisher, Postcards from the Edge
2. Calvin:"It says here that 'religion is the opiate of the masses.'...what do you suppose that means?"Television: "...it means that Karl Marx hadn't seen anything yet
- Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes: Sunday Pages 1985-1995
3. Might. Is there any opiate more powerful than that word?
- Libba Bray, A Great and Terrible Beauty