Table of Contents
verb. ['ˈnʌdʒ'] to push against gently.
- poke at
- centrifugal force
Rhymes with Nudge
How do you pronounce nudge?
Pronounce nudge as nəʤ.
US - How to pronounce nudge in American English
UK - How to pronounce nudge in British English
Sentences with nudge
1. Verb, base form
Your dog may prefer to paw at the bells rather than nudge them with her nose.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Many people need that gentle nudge to remember to leave a review and will be happy to do so.
Quotes about nudge
1. I want to do it too!"(sitting motionless)Nudge: "Nope, you stand out like a fart in a church."Max: (muttering) "Appropriately enough."Iggy: "What about me?"(stands still)Max: "No, you're visible."Iggy: "Am not!"Max: (throws a pinecone at him) "Could I do that if I wouldn't see you?
- James Patterson, The Final Warning
2. If something doesn't work exactly right, or maybe needs some special treatment, you don't just throw it away. Everything can't be fully operational all the time. Sometimes, we need to have the patience to give something the little nudge it needs.
- Sarah Dessen, Keeping the Moon
3. How easy it was to capitalize on a person’s own bent for self-destruction; how simple to nudge them into non-being, then to stand back and shrug and agree that it had been the inevitable result of a chaotic, catastrophic life.
- Robert Galbraith, The Cuckoo's Calling
noun. ['ˈnʌdʒ'] a slight push or shake.
- stay in place
verb. ['ˈnʌdʒ'] push into action by pestering or annoying gently.
- bear on
- centripetal force