noun. ['ˈliːdʒən'] archaic terms for army.
- regular army
- ground forces
Words that Rhyme with Legion
Example sentences of the word legion
1. Noun, singular or mass
DIY wood-backsplash ideas are legion and so are the available materials.
Quotes containing the word legion
1. Yes, we'll yell, 'Help, help us, goose girl, and bring the terrifying legion of warrior geese'.
- Shannon Hale, The Goose Girl
2. Legion hissed like a startled cat, the noise scraping at Reyes’s skin. “Me no boy. You think me a boy?”Everyone stopped, stared. Even Aeron.Reyes was the first to find his voice. “You’re a…girl?”A nod. “Me pretty.”“Yes, you are.” Reyes exchanged a glance with Lucien. “Beautiful.
- Gena Showalter, The Darkest Pleasure
3. He was one of the numerous and varied legion of dullards, of half-animated abortions, conceited, half-educated coxcombs, who attach themselves to the idea most in fashion only to vulgarize it and who caricature every cause they serve, however sincerely.
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Crime and Punishment
adjective. ['ˈliːdʒən'] amounting to a large indefinite number.
noun. ['ˈliːdʒən'] association of ex-servicemen.
noun. ['ˈliːdʒən'] a vast multitude.
- centripetal force
- centrifugal force
noun. ['ˈliːdʒən'] a large military unit.
- military force
- foreign legion
- military group