adjective. ['ˈnuːmɝəs'] amounting to a large indefinite number.
Words that Rhyme with Numerous
How do you pronounce numerous?
Pronounce numerous as ˈnumərəs.
US - How to pronounce numerous in American English
UK - How to pronounce numerous in British English
How do you spell numerous? Is it numberous ?
A common misspelling of numerous is numberous
Example sentences of the word numerous
There have been numerous issues of savings bonds since they were first introduced in 1935.
Quotes containing the word numerous
1. She was a genius of sadness, immersing herself in it, separating its numerous strands, appreciating its subtle nuances. She was a prism through which sadness could be divided into its infinite spectrum.
- Jonathan Safran Foer, Everything Is Illuminated
2. The things that the novel does not say are necessarily more numerous than those it does say and only a special halo around what is written can give the illusion that you are reading also what is not written.
- Italo Calvino
3. It's better to have a few faithful friends than numerous shallow friendships.
- Jonathan Anthony Burkett, Friends 2 Lovers: The Unthinkable