Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˈlæstɪŋ'] continuing or enduring without marked change in status or condition or place.
Rhymes with Lasting
Sentences with lasting
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
A medical evaluation is strongly suggested for calf pain lasting more than a few days.
2. Noun, singular or mass
The length of an internship varies by school, with some lasting as short as one month.
Quotes about lasting
1. Experts on romance say for a happy marriage there has to be more than a passionate love. For a lasting union, they insist, there must be a genuine liking for each other. Which, in my book, is a good definition for friendship.
- Marilyn Monroe
2. There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
3. The beauty one can find in art is one of the pitifully few real and lasting products of human endeavor.
- J. Paul Getty
adjective. existing for a long time.
adjective. ['ˈlæstɪŋ'] existing for a long time.
adjective. ['ˈlæstɪŋ'] retained; not shed.
adjective. ['ˈlæstɪŋ'] lasting a long time without change.