noun. ['ˈrʌnɪŋ'] the act of running; traveling on foot at a fast pace.
- unearned run
Words that Rhyme with Running
How do you spell running? Is it runing ?
A common misspelling of running is runing
Example sentences of the word running
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
This address is important when running network diagnostics or configuring permissions over a network for specific devices.
2. Noun, singular or mass
The battery will provide power to all the accessories without the engine running.
Quotes containing the word running
1. People may think of Southern humor in terms of missing teeth and outhouse accidents, but the best of it is a rich vein running through the best of Southern literature.
- Roy Blount, Jr.
2. Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?"Harry interrupted again."So he can sneak up on people,"said Ron. "Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking...
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
3. Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another.
- Lemony Snicket
noun. ['ˈrʌnɪŋ'] (American football) a play in which a player attempts to carry the ball through or past the opposing team.
- running game
- draw play
- end run
- football play
adjective. ['ˈrʌnɪŋ'] (of fluids) moving or issuing in a stream.
adjective. ['ˈrʌnɪŋ'] continually repeated over a period of time.
noun. ['ˈrʌnɪŋ'] the act of participating in an athletic competition involving running on a track.
- track meet
noun. ['ˈrʌnɪŋ'] the act of administering or being in charge of something.
noun. ['ˈrʌnɪŋ'] the state of being in operation.
adjective. ['ˈrʌnɪŋ'] (of e.g. a machine) performing or capable of performing.
adjective. ['ˈrʌnɪŋ'] measured lengthwise.
- stand still