noun. ['ˈniːlɪŋ'] supporting yourself on your knees.
Words that Rhyme with Kneeling
Example sentences of the word kneeling
1. Noun, singular or mass
Bursitis is less likely to develop when frequent breaks are taken from repetitive kneeling.
2. Verb, gerund or present participle
The tibialis anterior muscles can be stretched by kneeling on one or both legs at the same time.
Stay in this pose for up to one minute, then return to a kneeling position.
Quotes containing the word kneeling
1. What are you doing?”“Kneeling before a goddess.”“I’m not a goddess.”“You are. A goddess, a princess, a queen. As a soldier, I pledge myself to your service. As a prince, I grant you any boon within my power. As a man, I ask to sit at your feet and worship you. Ask me to do anything for you and I will do it.
- Colleen Houck
2. Thus with my lips have I denounced you, while my heart, bleeding within me, called you tender names.It was love lashed by its own self that spoke. It was pride half slain that fluttered in the dust. It was my hunger for your love that raged from the housetop, while my own love, kneeling in silence, prayed your forgiveness.
- Kahlil Gibran, The Forerunner: His Parables and Poems
3. There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over.
- Frank Zappa