Table of Contents
verb. ['hjuːˈmɪliːˌeɪt'] cause to feel shame; hurt the pride of.
- take down
- put down
- humiliatus (Latin)
Rhymes with Humiliate
How do you pronounce humiliate?
Pronounce humiliate as hjuˈmɪliˌeɪt.
US - How to pronounce humiliate in American English
UK - How to pronounce humiliate in British English
Sentences with humiliate
1. Verb, base form
Make sure that these stories will not humiliate or otherwise harm the child.
2. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
Dominating women frequently humiliate others, especially other women, as a means to elevate their own status.
Quotes about humiliate
1. Today is the sort of day where the sun only comes up to humiliate you.
- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club
2. We are all small-minded people, creeping about the earth grubbing for our own advantage and making the very mistakes for which we want to humiliate our neighbors.
- Helen Simonson, Major Pettigrew's Last Stand