Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈhoʊldɝ'] a holding device.
- cigarette holder
- candle holder
- holding device
Rhymes with Holder
Sentences with holder
1. Noun, singular or mass
The holder has the option of taking that money out or leaving it in the account.
Quotes about holder
1. If somebody says 'I love you' to me, I feel as though I had a pistol pointed at my head. What can anybody reply under such conditions but that which the pistol holder requires? 'I love you, too'.
- Kurt Vonnegut, Wampeters, Foma and Granfalloons
2. I think it's kinda nice.' And I did. my mom isn't famous for her pies. No, she's famous for defusing a nuclear device in Brussels with only a pair of cuticle scissors and a ponytail holder. Somehow, at the moment, pies seemed cooler.
- Ally Carter, I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You
3. I always keep a Ziploc bag in my pocket, and wherever I go I fill up my bag with dirt, because my goal is to be the largest land holder in the world by the time I'm 42.
- Jarod Kintz, It Occurred to Me
noun. someone who has won first place in a competition.
noun. someone who breaks a record.
noun. ['ˈhoʊldɝ'] the person who is in possession of a check or note or bond or document of title that is endorsed to him or to whoever holds it.
noun. ['ˈhoʊldɝ'] a person who holds something.
- property owner
- mortgage holder
- slave owner
- ticket holder