Table of Contents
noun. ['ɛmˈplɔɪɝ, ɪmˈplɔɪɝ'] a person or firm that employs workers.
- slave driver
- Simon Legree
- employeur (French)
- -eur (French)
Rhymes with Employer
How do you pronounce employer?
Pronounce employer as ɪmˈplɔɪər.
US - How to pronounce employer in American English
UK - How to pronounce employer in British English
Sentences with employer
1. Noun, singular or mass
There have been times where someone left an employer and forgot they had an account.
Quotes about employer
1. Most people like to read about intrigue and spies. I hope to provide a metaphor for the average reader's daily life. Most of us live in a slightly conspiratorial relationship with our employer and perhaps with our marriage.
- John le Carre
2. My new employer made me get a drug test, so I ripped off my shirt, flexed my muscles, and said, “You suspect me of taking steroids, don’t you?
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
3. God is not an employer looking for employees. He is an Eagle looking for people who will take refuge under his wings. He is looking for people who will leave father and mother and homeland or anything else that may hold them back from a life of love under the wings of Jesus.
- John Piper, A Sweet and Bitter Providence: Sex, Race, and the Sovereignty of God