noun. ['ˈhæpənɪŋ, ˈhæpnɪŋ'] an event that happens.
- periodic event
- gold rush
- black eye
- manna from heaven
- computer error
- recurrent event
- chance event
- news event
- natural event
Rhymes with Happening
Sentences with happening
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
They will spend the majority of their time in bed unaware of what is happening around them.
Try to look beyond the negativity to figure out what's really happening.
Quotes about happening
1. Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
2. Make treating yourself a priority and always remember your life is happening now. Don't put off all your dreams and pleasures to another day. In any balanced personal definition of success there has to be a powerful element of living life in the present.
- Mireille Guiliano
3. Every happening, great and small, is a parable whereby God speaks to us, and the art of life is to get the message.
- Malcolm Muggeridge