Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈɪnsədənt'] a single distinct event.
- cause celebre
- natural event
Rhymes with Incident
How do you spell incident? Is it insident ?
A common misspelling of incident is insident
Sentences with incident
Reflectance is a measure of the incident electromagnetic radiation that is reflected by a given interface.
2. Noun, singular or mass
While some breech puppies come out without incident, others get stuck inside the mother.
Quotes about incident
1. You so need to lighten up about that potato-launcher incident,"Butch said.Phury rolled his eyes and eased back in the banquette. "You broke my window.""Of course we did. V and I were aiming for it.""Twice.""Thus proving that he and I are outstanding marksmen.
- J.R. Ward, Lover Unbound
2. Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?' 'To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time.' 'The dog did nothing in the night-time.''That was the curious incident,' remarked Sherlock Holmes.
- Arthur Conan Doyle, Silver Blaze
3. Have you made any other friends since we've been here?"I gave him the death stare. "Yes, actually.""Who? I want a name.""Jamie Roth.""The Ebola kid? I heard he's a little unstable.""That was one incident.
- Michelle Hodkin, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
adjective. ['ˈɪnsədənt'] (sometimes followed by `to') minor or casual or subordinate in significance or nature or occurring as a chance concomitant or consequence.
noun. ['ˈɪnsədənt'] a public disturbance.
- hurly burly
- good health