adjective. ['ˈgrɪpɪŋ'] capable of arousing and holding the attention.
Rhymes with Gripping
Sentences with gripping
1. Noun, singular or mass
Loosen your grip on the gripping handles and lift the rabbit corkscrew off of the bottle.
Repeat the gripping motion 10 to 15 times and switch to the left hand.
3. Verb, gerund or present participle
The pain may be more intense when making a fist or when gripping** or swinging the golf club.
Quotes about gripping
1. Why are you worrying about YOU-KNOW-WHO, when you should be worrying about YOU-NO-POO? The constipation sensation that's gripping the nation!
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
2. Don’t simply exist in this world, but grasp life’s potential by the jacket. Dare it to be all it can. Make life historical—a gripping account of accomplishment. Make life a mystery—a challenging, bold adventure. Make life heartfelt—an enduring, poetic romance. Whatever it is you make of your world, live the fairytale.
- Richelle E. Goodrich, Eena, The Return of a Queen