Table of Contents
adjective. ['əbˈzɔrbɪŋ'] capable of arousing and holding the attention.
- -ing (English)
- -ing (Middle English (1100-1500))
- absorb (English)
Rhymes with Absorbing
Sentences with absorbing
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
The grilling plates have grooves in them to catch grease and keep food from absorbing grease and oils.
Quotes about absorbing
1. In a good bookroom you feel in some mysterious way that you are absorbing the wisdom contained in all the books through your skin, without even opening them.
- Mark Twain
2. I don't want to go on being a root in the dark,vacillating, stretched out, shivering with sleep,downward, in the soaked guts of the earth,absorbing and thinking, eating each day.
- Pablo Neruda
3. True happiness, we are told, consists in getting out of one's self; but the point is not only to get out - you must stay out; and to stay out you must have some absorbing errand.
- Henry James, Roderick Hudson
adjective. (of a chemical reaction or compound) occurring or formed with absorption of heat.
adjective. (of a nuclear reaction) occurring with absorption of energy.