Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈdrɪftɪŋ'] aimless wandering from place to place.
Rhymes with Drifting
Sentences with drifting
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Once the smoke is drifting upward, inhale long and hard through your nostrils.
Quotes about drifting
1. The art of living... is neither careless drifting on the one hand nor fearful clinging to the past on the other. It consists in being sensitive to each moment, in regarding it as utterly new and unique, in having the mind open and wholly receptive.
- Alan W. Watts
2. We walked to meet each other up at the time of our love and then we have been irresistibly drifting in different directions, and there's no altering that.
- Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina
3. I felt alone on the planet, drifting through the cosmos. With both hands I reached out to the night. There was no answer. Or maybe I just couldn't hear it.
- Jerry Spinelli, Love, Stargirl
adjective. ['ˈdrɪftɪŋ'] continually changing especially as from one abode or occupation to another.