Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˈkrækt'] used of skin roughened as a result of cold or exposure.
Rhymes with Cracked
How do you pronounce cracked?
Pronounce cracked as krækt.
US - How to pronounce cracked in American English
UK - How to pronounce cracked in British English
Sentences with cracked
Choose a product containing a pellets, seeds, grains and cracked corn.
2. Verb, past participle
Look at the cover on the feed horn to see if it is cracked or broken.
Quotes about cracked
1. You guessed? You must have been pretty sure, considering you could have killed me.""I was ninety percent sure.""I see,"Clary said. There must have been something in her voice, because he turned to look at her. Her hand cracked across his face, a slap that rocked him back on his heels. He put his hands on his cheek, more in surprise than pain."What the hell was that for?""The other ten percent.
- Cassandra Clare, City of Bones
2. Something inside Clary cracked and broke, and words came pouring out. 'What do you want me to tell you? The truth? The truth is that I love Simon like I should love you, and I wish he was my brother and you weren't, but I can't do anything about that and neither can you!
- Cassandra Clare, City of Ashes
3. Do you want me to tell you something really subversive? Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk anything, you risk even more.
- Erica Jong, Fear of Flying
noun. bread made with cracked wheat that has been ground fine.
- staff of life
adjective. ['ˈkrækt'] informal or slang terms for mentally irregular.
- around the bend
- round the bend
adjective. ['ˈkrækt'] of paint or varnish; having the appearance of alligator hide.