adjective. ['ˈtʃoʊkt'] stopped up; clogged up.
Words that Rhyme with Choked
Example sentences of the word choked
1. Verb, past participle
If this does not help, make sure the throttle is not choked.
2. Noun, singular or mass
An intermediate choked gun, called a modified gun, delivers a good shot pattern to 35 yards.
3. Verb, past tense
But the earth's water supply is increasingly overtaxed by human use and choked with pollution.
Tie the canes to the support loosely, so they won't be "choked" as they grow.
Quotes containing the word choked
1. So light a fire!"Harry choked. "Yes...of course...but there's no wood!"... "HAVE YOU GONE MAD!"Ron bellowed. "ARE YOU A WITCH OR NOT!
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
2. He made a sound like a choked laughed before he reached out and pulled her into her arms. She was aware of Luke watching them from the window, but she shut her eyes resolutely and buried her face against Jace's shoulder. He smelled of salt and blood, and only when his mouth came close to her ear did she understand what he was saying, and it was the simplest litany of all: her name, just her name.
- Cassandra Clare, City of Bones
3. When he finished, he drank from the cup. Everyone else did too, so I followed suit.And nearly choked to death.It was like fire in liquid form. It took every ounce of strength I had to swallow it and not spray it on those around me."Wh...what is this?"I asked, coughing.Viktoria grinned. "Vodka."I peered at the glass. "No, it isn't. I've had vodka before.""Not Russian vodka."Apparently not.
- Richelle Mead, Blood Promise