Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˈblɪŋkɪŋ'] closing the eyes intermittently and rapidly.
Rhymes with Blinking
How do you pronounce blinking?
Pronounce blinking as ˈblɪŋkɪŋ.
US - How to pronounce blinking in American English
UK - How to pronounce blinking in British English
Sentences with blinking
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Do not do anything to the system until the light stops blinking.
2. Noun, singular or mass
You will be brought to a map where you can see a blinking dot.
Quotes about blinking
1. As we all know, blinking lights means science.
- Joss Whedon
2. We are all instruments pulling the bows across our own lungs. Windmills, still startling in every storm. Have you ever seen a newborn blinking at the light? I wanna do that every day. I wanna know what the kite called itself when it got away, when it escaped into the night...
- Andrea Gibson
3. I took to the Bodleian library as to a lover and ... would sit long hours in Bodley's arms to emerge, blinking and dazed with the small and feel of all those books.
- Laurie R. King, The Beekeeper's Apprentice
noun. ['ˈblɪŋkɪŋ'] a reflex that closes and opens the eyes rapidly.
- reflex action
- instinctive reflex
- inborn reflex
- unconditioned reflex
- innate reflex
- physiological reaction
- eye blink
- reflex response
adjective. ['ˈblɪŋkɪŋ'] informal intensifiers.