noun. ['ˈjɝːnɪŋ'] prolonged unfulfilled desire or need.
Words that Rhyme with Yearning
Example sentences of the word yearning
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
You may often find yourself yearning for that first break of the day.
Quotes containing the word yearning
1. There are three ingredients in the good life: learning, earning and yearning.
- Christopher Morley
2. Why do people have to be this lonely? What's the point of it all? Millions of people in this world, all of them yearning, looking to others to satisfy them, yet isolating themselves. Why? Was the earth put here just to nourish human loneliness?
- Haruki Murakami, Sputnik Sweetheart
3. I hope the wonder of what happens to my characters never goes away. That yearning keeps me writing.
- Kimberly Willis Holt