noun. ['ˈræpɪŋ'] the covering (usually paper or cellophane) in which something is wrapped.
- gift wrapping
- plastic film
- plastic wrap
- natural object
Words that Rhyme with Wrapping
Example sentences of the word wrapping
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Continue wrapping the rubber in the same manner from front to back and twisting until it is very tight.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Wrap the wire wrapping with electrical tape to prevent cutting yourself on sharp wire ends.
Surprisingly, most wrapping paper cannot be recycled.
Quotes containing the word wrapping
1. It's my turn to see you through,' she whispers, coming back to me and wrapping me in her blanket as I lose my shit all over again. She holds me until I recover my Y chromosome.
- Gayle Forman, Where She Went
2. If you really want to possess a woman, you must think like her, and the first thing to do is win over her soul. The rest, that sweet, soft wrapping that steals away your senses and your virtue, is a bonus.
- Carlos Ruiz Zafón, The Shadow of the Wind
3. He would reach for me in the middle of the night, nearly every single night, wrapping one of those solid arms around my waist and pulling me in close. So. Close.
- Chelsie Shakespeare, The Pull
noun. ['ˈræpɪŋ'] an enveloping bandage.