noun. ['ˈwɪts'] the basic human power of intelligent thought and perception.
Words that Rhyme with Wits
Example sentences of the word wits
1. Noun, plural
Avoid getting mad at her; instead use your wits when she acts condescendingly.
Quotes containing the word wits
1. I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed!
- William Shakespeare
2. Getting something and having the wits to use it...those are two different things.
- Rick Riordan, The Battle of the Labyrinth
3. Would you mind repeating that? I'm afraid I might have lost my wits altogether and just hallucinated what I've longed to hear.
- Jeaniene Frost, Halfway to the Grave