noun. ['ˈwɪʃˌboʊn'] the furcula of a domestic fowl.
- wishing bone
- bone (English)
- bon (Middle English (1100-1500))
- wish (English)
- wyscan (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
Rhymes with Wishbone
Sentences with wishbone
1. Noun, singular or mass
Take the wishbone out of the jar and pat it dry with a paper towel.
Quotes about wishbone
1. To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funny bone.
- Reba McEntire
2. A person will sometimes devote all his life to the development of one part of his body - the wishbone.
- Robert Frost
3. You’re wishin’ too much, baby. You gotta stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone oughtta be.
- Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love