Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈwaɪf'] a married woman; a man's partner in marriage.
- old lady
- golf widow
- trophy wife
- woman of the house
- married person
- crown princess
- adult female
- honest woman
- better half
- married woman
- first lady
- lady of the house
- wif (Middle English (1100-1500))
- wīf (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
Rhymes with Wife
How do you pronounce wife?
Pronounce wife as waɪf.
US - How to pronounce wife in American English
UK - How to pronounce wife in British English
How do you spell wife? Is it wief ?
A common misspelling of wife is wief
Sentences with wife
1. Noun, singular or mass
You can mention what she means to you and what sort of wife you think she'll be.
Quotes about wife
1. The secrets of success are a good wife and a steady job. My wife told me.
- Howard Nemerov
2. No man succeeds without a good woman behind him. Wife or mother, if it is both, he is twice blessed indeed.
- Godfrey Winn
3. My success set me up for life, and it meant that I could retire from the music industry at 27 to spend time with my newborn daughter and my wife. My time away from the spotlight allowed me to rediscover my love for music, and I'm doing it for me now and no one else.
- Rick Astley
noun. ['ˈɛkˈswaɪf'] a woman who was formerly a particular man's wife.
noun. bluish and bronze wrasse; found from Florida keys to Brazil.
- Halicoeres radiatus