Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˈwɛri'] marked by keen caution and watchful prudence.
- on one's guard
- upon one's guard
- on guard
- on your guard
Rhymes with Wary
How do you pronounce wary?
Pronounce wary as ˈwɛri.
US - How to pronounce wary in American English
UK - How to pronounce wary in British English
Sentences with wary
They are less wary of danger during the breeding season, focusing on the does.
Quotes about wary
1. People who claim that they're evil are usually no worse than the rest of us... It's people who claim that they're good, or any way better than the rest of us, that you have to be wary of.
- Gregory Maguire, Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West
2. Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual.
- Terry Pratchett, Jingo
3. Be wary of strong drink, it can make you shoot at the tax collector...and miss.
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
adjective. ['ˈwɛri'] openly distrustful and unwilling to confide.