noun. ['ˈvɪktɝ'] a combatant who is able to defeat rivals.
Words that Rhyme with Victor
Example sentences of the word victor
1. Noun, singular or mass
There is no victor when pine and oak square off in a contest.
Quotes containing the word victor
1. The victor belongs to the spoils.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald
2. Ally."Peeta says the words slowly, tasting it. "Friend. Lover. Victor. Enemy. Fiancee. Target. Mutt. Neighbor. Hunter. Tribute. Ally. I'll add it to the list of words I use to try to figure you out. The problem is, I can't tell what's real anymore, and what's made up.
- Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay
3. Did you mean it... that if Victor did tell...that you'd..."I couldn't finish. I couldn't bring myself to say the words have him killed."I don't have much influence in the upper levels of Moroi royalty, but I have plenty among the guardians who handle the dirty work in our world.""You didn't answer the question. If you'd really do it.""I'd do a lot of things to protect you, Roza.
- Richelle Mead, Shadow Kiss
noun. French poet and novelist and dramatist; leader of the romantic movement in France (1802-1885).
- Victor Hugo
noun. ['ˈvɪktɝ'] the contestant who wins the contest.