adjective. ['əˈfɛktɪd'] acted upon; influenced.
Words that Rhyme with Affected
Example sentences of the word affected
1. Verb, past participle
Treating a dog affected by a light obsession can be quite a challenge.
Wash the affected area with soap and warm water and pat it dry with a clean towel.
Quotes containing the word affected
1. How do you feel, Georgie?"whispered Mrs. Weasley.George's fingers groped for the side of his head."Saintlike,"he murmured."What's wrong with him?"croaked Fred, looking terrified. "Is his mind affected?""Saintlike,"repeated George, opening his eyes and looking up at his brother. "You see...I'm HOLEY, Fred, geddit?
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
2. The cavemen, when they saw the antelopes, they had to scratch them on to the caves because they needed to express the immediacy of what they were being affected by - and I love that. That is why I do what I do. I need to express myself.
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu
3. A race is a work of art that people can look at and be affected in as many ways they're capable of understanding.
- Steve Prefontaine
adjective. discontented as toward authority.
adjective. ['əˈfɛktɪd'] speaking or behaving in an artificial way to make an impression.
adjective. ['əˈfɛktɪd'] being excited or provoked to the expression of an emotion.