adjective. ['ˈʌtɝd'] communicated in words.
Rhymes with Uttered
Sentences with uttered
1. Verb, past tense
Even the best phrases possess absolutely no power if they aren’t uttered often enough.
Quotes about uttered
1. Probably the wisest words that were ever uttered to me. Came from a therapist. I was sitting in her office, crying my eyes out. . . and she said, "So let me get this straight. You base your personal happiness on things entirely out of your control.
- Laura Munson, This Is Not The Story You Think It Is...: A Season of Unlikely Happiness
2. Michael could never remember his father ever having uttered a word about death, as if the Don respected death too much to philosophize about it.
- Mario Puzo, The Godfather
3. What Brahman is cannot be described. All things in the world — the Vedas, the Puranas, the Tantras, the six systems of philosophy — have been defiled, like food that has been touched by the tongue, for they have been read or uttered by the tongue. Only one thing has not been defiled in this way, and that is Brahman. No one has ever been able to say what Brahman is.
- Ramakrishna, Sayings of Sri Ramakrishna