noun. ['ˈʌpˈsaɪd'] the highest or uppermost side of anything.
- upper side
- top side
- fixed-width font
- proportional font
Words that Rhyme with Upside
Example sentences of the word upside
Turn the pot upside down and allow the plant to slide out.
The top of the blower motor looks like an upside down metal canteen cup.
3. Preposition or subordinating conjunction
Turn the rug runner upside down and pull the double-sided tape up from the backside of the rug runner.
4. Verb, base form
Flip the can upside down so that the opening rests on a hard, flat surface.
5. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
Hold the stems upside down and lower them into a paper bag.
Quotes containing the word upside
1. Watch out for intellect,because it knows so much it knows nothingand leaves you hanging upside down,mouthing knowledge as your heartfalls out of your mouth.
- Anne Sexton, The Complete Poems
2. Love is an abstract noun, something nebulous. And yet love turns out to be the only part of us that is solid, as the world turns upside down and the screen goes black.
- Martin Amis, The Second Plane: 14 Responses to September 11
3. My art is not limited to the songs I create but also to the reaction it creates. I like to sit back and look at the whole thing as if it's a tornado that I'm controlling. It's creating chaos. When you create chaos, ideas are turned upside down, and everybody looks at things in a different way.
- Marilyn Manson
adjective. ['ˌəpˈsaɪˌdaʊn'] being in such a position that top and bottom are reversed.
noun. batter baked atop a layer of sweetened fruit then turned upside down so fruit is on top.
- skillet cake