noun. ['ˈruːfˌtɑːp'] the top of a (usually flat) roof.
- top side
- roof (English)
- rof (Middle English (1100-1500))
- top (English)
- top (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
Words that Rhyme with Rooftop
How do you pronounce rooftop?
Pronounce rooftop as ˈrufˌtɑp.
US - How to pronounce rooftop in American English
UK - How to pronounce rooftop in British English
Example sentences of the word rooftop
1. Noun, singular or mass
Your houseboat might have a rooftop deck where you can gather for relaxing and socializing.
If you plan to visit in summer, choose a hotel with a rooftop pool.
Quotes containing the word rooftop
1. There are so many moments to remember and sometimes I think that maybe we're not really people at all. Maybe moments are what we are.... Sometimes I just survive. But sometimes I stand on the rooftop of my existence, arms stretched out, begging for more.
- Markus Zusak, Getting the Girl
2. We're starting our own religion at last. The Order of Frisbeetarians. We believe that when you die, your soul ascends to a rooftop and you can never get it back.
3. Rooftop Poetry Sing poetry from rooftopslike a muzzein' s call for prayer.
- Beryl Dov