adjective. ['ˈʌpɝ'] higher in place or position.
- stay in place
Words that Rhyme with Upper
Example sentences of the word upper
The triceps muscles are on the outer part of your upper arm.
Quotes containing the word upper
1. This CD became something of a personal journey for me. The tone of the whole CD is uplifting and inspirational. It's an upper. We have enough downers in the world.
- Roma Downey
2. Did you mean it... that if Victor did tell...that you'd..."I couldn't finish. I couldn't bring myself to say the words have him killed."I don't have much influence in the upper levels of Moroi royalty, but I have plenty among the guardians who handle the dirty work in our world.""You didn't answer the question. If you'd really do it.""I'd do a lot of things to protect you, Roza.
- Richelle Mead, Shadow Kiss
3. YOU are the big drop of dew under the lotus leaf, I am the smaller one on its upper side,'said the dewdrop to the lake.
- Rabindranath Tagore
adjective. occupying the upper part of the lower class.
noun. a division of Normandy.
adjective. at an elevated level in rank or importance.
adjective. occupying the upper part of the middle socioeconomic range in a society.
adjective. ['ˈʌpɝ'] the topmost one of two.
noun. ['ˈʌpɝ'] the higher of two berths.
- upper berth
- built in bed
- hard drug
noun. ['ˈʌpɝ'] a central nervous system stimulant that increases energy and decreases appetite; used to treat narcolepsy and some forms of depression.
- amphetamine sulfate
- dextroamphetamine sulphate
- stimulant drug
- drug of abuse
- chicken feed
- amphetamine sulphate
- street drug
- pep pill
- methamphetamine hydrochloride
noun. ['ˈʌpɝ'] piece of leather or synthetic material that forms the part of a shoe or boot above the sole that encases the foot.
- toe box
adjective. ['ˈʌpɝ'] superior in rank or accomplishment.